Christmas

Another year come and gone...geez...why does it go so fast? Shawn and I had a good Christmas this year, we didn't spoil eachother, kinda kept it low key. We both got some clothes for eachother, and good job to Shawn for getting me pants that fit and look cute!! We spent Christmas Eve at his parents, had some great food, played games and opened our presents. I was dreading the rest of our time at his parents cause they always watch Christmas Story...ugh...that movie is horrible, thank goodness there was a lot of noise and no attention to the tv. We spent Christmas morning at my parents, had chorizo for breakfast, separated all the presents and waited for everyone else to show up. My nephew Graiden was so excited for the presents, he helped crawl under the tree to get all the presents out from under to put in their piles..he loved every minute of it. Once everyone was there we took turns opening presents, we ususally let the families with kids go first cause we're not that anxious. It was our turn to open and I was so excited cause I had a big box (which I saved for last) thinking it was a Cricut. I had been talking about getting one for quite a while, and I would hint to Shawn everytime we were at a craft store. I had my nieces help me open the "big box" and as the paper started coming off I looked at the box and saw a hose...cricuts don't have hoses... more paper came off and I saw wheels...Shawn got me a Shopvac. SERIOULSY...A SHOPVAC
Needless to say I was very upset, and I looked at Shawn (he was grinning) saying "it's a shopvac." He told me all the cricuts were out, but he walked away with a good deal on the vac. I don't care...I want my cricut!!! So I went to the bathroom to finish my hair and he followed, my chin started quivering and yeah...I was crying :( I know it's the thought that counts, and presents aren't that important, but it was still upsetting to me. He gave up his little secret and told me I had a cricut at his parents that I was to open later...so I stopped crying, smiled and gave him a hug! He is such a good guy! Anyway...it was a Great Christmas!!!



































































3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha ha I love the story about the cricut... such a shawn thing to do! Good ting you ended up getting it in the end :-) sounds like you guys had an awesome christmas :-)

Alicia said...

It sounds like you guys had a really good Christmas. So funny about the Cricut..and don't worry I am sure I would be doing the same thing as you, upset and crying:) You try to be so thankful but really you want what you want! Ha love that he chose a shopvac to wrap.

wilson said...

Tell your dad that argyle sweater doesn't look gay at all.