Date Night...or nightmare

Shawn and I have not been on an official date in the longest time, which is kind of depressing. First of all we have no kids, I don't understand why we don't make this more like an every other week thing. I have noticed that he and I are more like homebodies, which is not a bad thing at all, we like to relax and hang out with eachother. I know most couples like to go out in groups all the time, I don't have a problem with that, but when Shawn and I don't really go out together, just us, I like to spend most of my time with him. Anyway, so we planned a date last saturday, I picked the movie and got the tickets, he was supposed to plan dinner. He had to work that day, he normally goes in at 6 am and gets off at 4. So I was patiently waiting at home, by this time it was 430, waiting, waiting, waiting...what, no phone call. He doesn't have a cell, so could he have been in an accident??? Could he have stopped somewhere unexpected??? Again, how am I supposed to know without a phone call... It is now 6:00, what the heck. I am complaining to my sister and contemplating on whether I should call my in-laws, but why worry them. So 6:30 comes around and I get a phone call...yay!!! He got stopped by his chief for a yearly interview, and he clocked out at 5, I guess now he gets off at 5 every saturday, new to me. Anyway, I am mad at this point and don't care to eat or do anything, but we still went to the movie to laugh a little bit. Of course no dinner plans, so we get to the megaplex and get a 4 piece pan pizza..mmmm........fulfilling!! We get in to see our movie which is pretty funny, we are both Kevin James fans. This movie is rated PG and it is clean, no swear words at all!!
So that night only turned out bad because of my attitude, sorry Shawn.

It's hard to have a good time when you wait anxiously for a good night and then have plans change. I guess you live and learn. Sorry to complain, but I had to get it out :(
Anyway, very good movie, I do reccommend it only if you have one of those personalities where you can laugh at anything!!

**HILARIOUS**


6 comments:

Emily & Eric said...

We saw that on Friday with Anna Todd and Reese. The part where the dog is chasing him on his scooter Reese burst out laughing so loud. It was so funny.
I was expecting it to be a little bit better but it was still funny!

Preston & Tara said...

Bonnie...oh my gosh I love the picture on top of your blog! So cute :) Hey did you know your sister goes to the gym I work at?? She is so sweet!

Luke and Erin said...

Sorry it didn't turn out as well as you would have liked. We really like the show, it would have probably been better for you if you would have been in a better mood!
Get that boy a cell phone. You can get him one of those kid ones that you program 4 nuumber into, then he wouldn't talk over this minutes. Because we all love Shawn but the boy can talk!

Lindsay said...

Ah man that is frustrating... I really hate waiting around for people! Maybe you should try it again this weekend =) I look forward to going out on the weekends... Prob because I don't work so I'm so I like getting out as much as I can!

z&jarnold said...

ya get him a migo phone that would be hilarious! jk dont. hey i do want to get together but it may have to be when we are not destitude. i dont even know if i spelt that word right and easier word is poor. I know how it is to just need to get my feelings out and it helps so much to write them down (hence my blog must be so depressing to read ;)) anyway i understand and your awsome and i would have been upset too at least the movie was funny. maybe we'll see it when it hits the 3 dollar theater.

Keri said...

Oh I want to see this. Yeah, I'd be fuming too and a little worried. How are things going with him turning in his application at Davis?