Goodbye....


Good news....well for me that is, I've been off carbonation for one month now..YAY!!!!! It's been about 3 months without caffiene, and Shawn decided to support me on this so he stopped all in all too. It isn't as bad as people say it is, I never got headaches, but I do crave pepsi here and there. Ok, so to be honest the other day while I was working in the ER the temptation hit me, they have a pop machine in the back and I decided to get some sprite. I took it back in the office with me and stared at it for a while, contemplating on whether I should try it. So curiosity sunk in, I took a little, tiny, itsy bitsy sip and I did not care for it too much. All I could taste was sugar, so I went and dumped it.

It's been very easy for me to turn down pop, and I plan to keep it that way. Unfortunately Shawn's dad just handed him a caffienated pepsi tonight and temptation got the best of him, he drank it.... So back to square one. He said we can splurge and have one drink a month, he will get whatever and I might, might get a caffiene free drink, if I even do that. I am trying so hard not to drink it anymore. My doctor told me that couples having a hard time getting pregnant are advised not to drink caffiene, so I've been doing it for that main reason. Hopefully it will be easier when I get pregnant to stay off caffiene, I don't want to end up with crazy babies!!

8 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Good for you guys. It really is bad for you. I should stop but I drink it to stay awake. My kids are crazy! And they make me tired. Luke and I stopped when we got married but then we started, I am not sure how that started.
GOOD for you. I will be careful not to drink it around you!

z&jarnold said...

your babies will be crazy no matter what you do :) all six of them that come at once :) jk. I'm proud of you giving up carbonation its hard cuz its always around, but after awhile you feel kinda special that you choose to not drink it.

Lindsay said...

That's a good goal! I never drank any pop until a few years ago... Now I'll have an occasional diet coke- and I love it! But I need to stop before I get addicted!

Babette and Dan said...

I have never liked soft drinks and neither have my kids...but dan loves his coke..and you will have beautiful babies, you little dork, you know I love you guys...

KiMbErLy~eRiN said...

oh i wish i took one home they were so nice i just love the look of the lights the car show made me want a new car but mine is paid off and i like not having a payment more.

susie tesch said...

Me and Ryan stop drinking it also. But for us we got the headaches though luckly they did not last long. This weekend though I couldn't hold the temption and I had 2 cokes but now Im strong again.

kilee said...

I don't drink pop either and when I sometimes take sips of it, it burns my throat so it gets a lot easier when you don't even like the taste of it anymore!

Keri said...

Good job and keep it up. Austin's been off for MONTHS - he wont even touch a drop of pop. I've been doing lots better, but every now and then I've had one. You are a good example!