Fireworks, fireworks, fireworks...

We had a very fun and bright new year, it was extremely loud as well. Shawn had recieved a lot of fireworks, about $900 worth, and he got them for free. I can't stand fireworks, only the illegal ones because I know he can get in trouble for it, and where he works at the jail he can lose his job. Anyway, he absolutely loves fireworks, everything about them, lighting and watching. So for new years eve Shawn and I went with his brother Todd, his wife Anna and their daughter Reese to watch Marley & Me. It was such a cute movie, we were told to go in with tissue cause we would definitely need it, they weren't kidding. After the movie Todd dropped us off at home so Shawn could get his firework display set up and ready to go. My sister wanted to help him light all of them off, so she brought some friends over to watch. We were the only ones in the neighborhood lighting fireworks, so in a way I felt kind of bad for the neighbors, but hey it was a time to celebrate. Anyway, we had a great new year and we hope everyone else did as well!!!

Mysister Melody with artillery shells

Shawn loves this picture, it's my sister running

and cowering down trying not to get hurt.

5 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

You guys are nuts! Okay maybe just Shawn! Good job with the camera work. I still have to play with mine to get a good picture. I really think my flash is going out or somthing. SAD!!!

Wilson Family said...

I LOVE FIREWORKS!!! Man i wish i could have been there. bon i love your blog. it's so nice to be able to jump on the internet and see whats going on with you since we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like. anyway.....take care love ya.

shelley

P.S. i am now up with the times.....i have a blog. it's mostly filled with pictures of eden, but you should drop by sometime....shelleyandkyle@blogspot.com

Lauren said...

hey! We got to plan our double date soon! My mouth waters thinking of going to texas roadhouse.. unless you guys already used your gift cards!

deann k said...

This is Kilee I forgot to tell you to add me on your list! kileekennedy@yahoo.com And it looks like you had a fun New Year with all those fireworks!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun! That's funny that Shawn loves fireworks so much....I think I remember that about him!