Texas

My family and I used to go to Texas about every couple years for Christmas when i was younger. My mom's family is down there and we would always stay at Grandma's house which was so fun. She has a lake in her backyard and my sisters and i would throw rocks in the lake, and we would feed the ducks that were in there. We each picked out our favorite duck, the one i picked was light brown with dark spots all over it, i named it Brownie. Anyway, we would always go to Cole Park and play for hours with my cousins, and the adults just hung out. My mom doesn't swim, but she loves the ocean, so her and my dad would take us to see the USS Lexington during the day, and at night when we would drive by, it was lit up all blue. It is so big and amazing to see, sometimes i get the chills thinking about cause my mom and her sisters would tell us ghost stories when we were checking it out. Scary.....



1 comment:

Luke and Erin said...

I wish we could fly instead drive. It would cost $400 an adult ticket and $200-$300 for Emma, Jeremy and Graiden. I guess if gas prices keep going they way they are going it will cost that much anyway because we were thinking $400.00 a couple to drive if gas was $4.00/gallon by December... they are almost there already, but if we wait to find out then it will cost double to fly... *sigh*, oh well.